UHY Hacker Young is a Top 20 firm of Chartered Accountants based near Tower Hill in the City. We are ambitious people, united in our mission to be exceptional accountants and business advisers delivering seamlessly integrated client service.
The role will involve assisting members of our insolvency team in all aspects of turnaround and recovery.
This is a great opportunity for someone willing to learn and train as part of a team with additional opportunities for professional qualifications for the right candidate.
The successful candidate will be provided with full training and with development have their own caseload which they will deal with from cradle to grave.
- Managing case load consists of Creditors and Members Voluntary Liquidations, Administrations (trading and non-trading), Company Voluntary Arrangements and personal insolvency including Individual Voluntary Arrangements and Bankruptcies;
- Attending client meetings with manager/partner;
- Maintain fully accurate case files, ensuring they meet with statutory requirements;
- Effective communication with a range of stakeholders (internal & external) creditors, debtors, directors, solicitors and other professionals.
The working week: 35 hours per week (Monday to Friday) to be worked from 9.30am to 5.30pm with occasionally some flexibility of hours to meet specific work demands.
- TOIL (Time off in Lieu) for overtime;
- 28 days’ holiday (including bank holidays);
- Discretionary Christmas shutdown not counted as part of holiday entitlement;
- The ability to ‘purchase’ extra days’ leave in salary sacrifice;
- Private medical insurance at discounted rates;
- Private dental cover at discounted rates;
- Subsidised corporate gym membership at Fitness First;
- Life assurance (4x salary);
- Season ticket loan (for travel);
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity policies.
- Good standard of education is essential
- Minimum GCSEs or equivalent including Maths and English, at C or above
- 3 ‘A’ levels or equivalent – Maths, Economics, Law, Accountancy or Business Studies would be an advantage
- Some interest or previous work experience working on formal insolvency appointments would be an advantage
- Experience and knowledge of Word and basic Excel will be essential
- Confident and good communication skills
- Professional manner including good interpersonal, telephone and letter writing skills
- Takes responsibility for work tasks and quality, managing own workload and deadlines
- Well researched, enthusiastic and knowledgeable on UHY and the open job vacancy.