UHY Hacker Young is a Top 20 firm of Chartered Accountants based near Tower Hill in the City. We are ambitious people, united in our mission to be exceptional accountants and business advisers delivering seamlessly integrated client service.
Through our UHY network we harness global intelligence and combine this with local presence and knowledge to share technical and commercial insight.
This is a good opportunity for someone with some personal tax experience, looking to work for a Top 20 firm that offers full training support & career progression.
The London Private Client Services team provides planning and compliance services to help individuals manage their tax liabilities.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing tax compliance services to clients ranging from directors of Owner Managed Businesses to High Net Worth Individuals, including non-residents and non-domiciliaries.
Duties will include:
- Looking after the day-to-day running of a mixed portfolio of clients;
- Providing timely and accurate delivery of tax services whilst adhering to the firm’s quality standards;
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with clients with the intention of making you an indispensable resource for their tax compliance affairs;
- Liaising with clients and HM Revenue & Customs regarding their personal tax affairs;
- Resolving client concerns and queries;
- Providing basic advice where possible and liaising with more senior members of staff on more technical compliance and advice services;
- Assisting with general private client issues and suggesting tax planning opportunities;
- Supporting the partners, managers and other senior staff with general ad-hoc and administrative duties such as preparing spreadsheets etc.
The working week: 35 hours per week (Monday to Friday) to be worked from 9.30AM to 5.30PM with occasionally some flexibility of hours to meet specific work demands.
Full study support will be provided by the firm towards relevant tax qualifications.
- Study Package, including TOIL (Time off in Lieu) for overtime;
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays);
- Discretionary Christmas shutdown not counted as part of holiday entitlement;
- The ability to ‘purchase’ extra days leave in salary sacrifice;
- Private medical insurance at discounted rates;
- Private dental cover at discounted rates;
- Subsidised corporate gym membership at Fitness First;
- Life assurance (4x salary);
- Season ticket loan (for travel);
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Ideally Minimum A-levels, B,B,C grades (or equivalent and excluding general studies);
- Grade B or above in GSCE Maths and English Language (GSCE or equivalent).
- The ideal candidate will be someone who is working their way towards the ATT qualification or is keen to do so.
- Some experience working in a personal tax position.
- Experience of working at least one tax season.
- Competence at using tax software (ideally CCH);
- Experience of using Microsoft Word/Excel to a good level.
- You will need to be able to work under pressure and to be able to prioritise as and when needed;
- Ideally, you should be proactive and have an ambition to succeed within the profession.
- We will support your development and progress towards more complex and technical work. Enthusiasm to learn is therefore key.
- Well researched, enthusiastic and knowledgeable on:
- The open job vacancy