UHY Hacker Young is a Top 20 firm of Chartered Accountants based near Tower Hill in the City. We are ambitious people, united in our mission to be exceptional accountants and business advisers delivering seamlessly integrated client service.
The role will involve assisting members of our insolvency team in all aspects of turnaround and recovery.
This is a great opportunity for someone to learn and train as part of a team with additional opportunities for professional qualifications for the right candidate. This would be an ideal role for a school leaver/graduate looking to gain experience within Insolvency.
The successful candidate will be provided with full training and with development have their own caseload which they will deal with from start to finish.
- Managing case load consists of Creditors and Members Voluntary Liquidations, Administrations (trading and non-trading), Company Voluntary Arrangements and personal insolvency including Individual Voluntary Arrangements and Bankruptcies;
- Attending client meetings with Manager/Partner;
- Maintain fully accurate case files, ensuring they meet with statutory requirements;
- Effective communication with a range of stakeholders (internal & external) creditors, debtors, directors, solicitors and other professionals.
The working week: 35 hours per week (Monday to Friday) to be worked from 9.30AM to 5.30PM with occasionally some flexibility of hours to meet specific work demands.
Location: Flexibility, with a combination of working from home and the London office.
- TOIL (Time off in Lieu) for overtime;
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays);
- Discretionary Christmas shutdown not counted as part of holiday entitlement;
- The ability to ‘purchase’ extra days leave in salary sacrifice;
- Private medical insurance at discounted rates;
- Private dental cover at discounted rates;
- Subsidised corporate gym membership at Fitness First;
- Life assurance (4x salary);
- Season ticket loan (for travel);
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity policies.
- Minimum BBB at A Level or Equivalent
- Minimum 2:1 Degree or equivalent
- Working in a professional office environment would be an advantage
- Experience and knowledge of Word and basic Excel will be essential
- Confident and good communication skills
- Professional manner including good interpersonal, telephone and letter writing skills
- Takes responsibility for work tasks and quality, managing own workload and deadlines.
- Understanding of the company and the job
- Well researched, enthusiastic and knowledgeable on:
- The open job vacancy