UHY Ross Brooke is a Top 20 firm of Chartered Accountants based in Newbury, Abingdon, Hungerford and Swindon. We are ambitious people, united in our mission to be exceptional accountants and business advisers delivering seamlessly integrated client service.
Through our UHY network we harness global intelligence and combine this with local presence and knowledge to share technical and commercial insight.
Are you a school or college leaver with excellent GCSE results? Would you like to work in an industry with excellent training to develop your career and gain professional accountancy qualifications? If so, we have a great opportunity at our Swindon practice for an AAT Trainee. This Trainee role involves preparing sole trader, partnership and small limited company accounts, alongside draft tax computations for income and corporation tax. In addition, the role involves managing a portfolio of VAT and bookkeeping client.
The role includes:
- Preparation of accounts from client’s prime records to a draft stage using accounting software (Digita Accounts Production)
- Drafting business tax computations and preparing draft CT600s
- Bookkeeping for clients using spreadsheets or cloud accounting software such as Sage, Xero and QuickBooks
- Preparation of management accounts
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns
- Answering client phone calls / emails and helping with queries
- Time management and prioritising urgent work
- Complete timesheets on a weekly basis
- Develop and apply technical knowledge gained from studies and on the job experience
- Build and maintain professional working relationships with clients and other members of staff
- Reception cover when required.
The working week: Normal hours of work are 37.5 hours per week, to be worked from 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
Location: Principal work base is our Swindon Office.
- 25 days holiday plus usual public holidays
- Hybrid working patterns
- Purchased leave
- Health care and wellbeing programme
- Enhanced pension options
- Life assurance x 4
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Enhanced sick pay
- Cycle to work scheme
- Professional subscriptions paid for x 2
- Standard optical test expenses
- No accountancy experience required
- 280 UCAS points or equivalent. B grade or above in GCSE Maths and English
- Microsoft Office Package
- Good IT knowledge
- Understanding of the company and the Job
- Well researched, enthusiastic and knowledgeable on;
- This open Job Vacancy
- Good attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Self motivated
- Organised and able to meet deadlines
- Business Motor Insurance if required to drive to other premises for work purposes