UHY Hacker Young is one of the largest independent Accountancy Practices in Wales and part of a UK Top 20 network of Chartered Accountants.
The team at UHY Hacker Young in Newport provide a range of audit, taxation and business advisory services to a varied portfolio of clients. As well as individuals, SMEs and small entities such as sole-traders and partnerships, the firm also manages the affairs of some large businesses with complex, technical requirements.
Through our UHY network we harness global intelligence and combine this with local presence and knowledge to share technical and commercial insight.
This is an opportunity to join the tax department, comprising 2 tax partners and 8 team members.
Together our team is responsible for providing a wide range of tax compliance and advisory support to a diverse portfolio of businesses and individuals.
The successful candidate will be dealing primarily with personal tax compliance work; corresponding with both clients, other departments within the office, and HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC). There will also be opportunities to experience other areas of tax as you develop.
This role offers supported study towards ACCA qualifications, as well as on the job learning and mentoring.
- 2.1 Degree (Minimum) any subject
- B, B, B, A-level (or equivalent)
(Ideally) We are looking for a candidate with effective verbal and written communication skills, as tax often requires us to convey complex rules to clients in a clear manner.
- This is a client facing role and so strong interpersonal skills are also important.
- Working to deadlines is a key part of what we do and often requires us to work collaboratively; we are looking for a keen team player who enjoys working with others.
Our working week is 37.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday) to be worked from 8:30am to 5:00pm
There is an element of flexibility as to how this is worked, subject to core office hours.
- Salary minimum £18,000 plus training and study leave
- Study Package towards ATT qualifications • 30 days holiday (including bank holidays);
- Christmas shutdown
- Life assurance (4x salary);