UHY Hacker Young is a Top 20 firm of Chartered Accountants based near Tower Hill in the City. We are ambitious people, united in our mission to be exceptional accountants and business advisers delivering seamlessly integrated client service.
Through our UHY network we harness global intelligence and combine this with local presence and knowledge to share technical and commercial insight.
This is a great opportunity to join the VAT department and to embark on a career in tax specialising in VAT. The successful candidate will be offered full study support to complete the ATT qualification.
Duties will include:
- Preparing VAT registration applications and VAT returns
- Research client queries under the guidance and supervision of senior management
- Liaising with clients and HMRC
- Monitoring deadlines and client obligations
- Assisting with department administration including billing and risk management compliance
The working week: 35 hours per week (Monday to Friday) to be worked from 9.30AM to 5.30PM with occasionally some flexibility of hours to meet specific work demands. We currently working with a hybrid work from home scheme in which we require individuals to do a minimum of 2 days in the office. During your probationary period you will be required to be in the office more than this in order to help your training and development.
Location: Your principal work base is our London Office. However, you may be required to spend time working at client premises and studying for your professional examinations
- The firm provides full support, study leave and tuition costs, for the first attempts at all the exams and assessments that go towards the ATT Qualification. With first attempts it will take between 18-24 months to pass.
- We also provide practical training internally as well with our internal training providers.
- Study Package, including TOIL (Time off in Lieu) for overtime;
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays);
- Discretionary Christmas shutdown not counted as part of holiday entitlement;
- The ability to ‘purchase’ extra days leave in salary sacrifice;
- Private medical insurance at discounted rates;
- Private dental cover at discounted rates;
- Subsidised corporate gym membership;
- Life assurance (4x salary);
- Season ticket loan (for travel);
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity pay
- Ideally minimum A-levels, B,B,B grades (or equivalent and excluding general studies);
- Grade B or above in GSCE Maths and English Language (GSCE or equivalent).
- No previous professional exam study required
- A keen interest in completing the ATT examinations would be an advantage
- Experience of using Microsoft Word/Excel to a good level.
- You will need to be able to work under pressure and to be able to prioritise as and when needed;
- Ideally, you should be proactive and have an ambition to succeed within the profession.
- Be able to take ownership of your work
- Keen to develop within the role and beyond
- We will support your development and progress towards more complex and technical work. Enthusiasm to learn is therefore key.
- Well researched, enthusiastic and knowledgeable on;
- The open job vacancy