UHY Hacker Young is a Top 20 firm of Chartered Accountants based near Tower Hill in the City. We are ambitious people, united in our mission to be exceptional accountants and business advisers delivering seamlessly integrated client service.
Through our UHY network we harness global intelligence and combine this with local presence and knowledge to share technical and commercial insight.
The firm is looking to recruit a trainee payroll assistant to join the London office.
In your new role as a payroll assistant you will be provided guidance and on the job training to learn the basic administration of payroll and eventually you will be required to process a number of client payroll from start to finish. You will learn how to process statutory payments such as maternity and sick pay, PAYE payments and liaise closely with HMRC.
This is a great opportunity for a school leaver to join an established accountancy firm’s payroll team.
Duties will include:
- Create payroll SLA agreements and keep up to date
- Writing reports for UHY Exchange on payroll and keep this up to date
- Assisting with setting-up of all new payroll work
- Run HR absence reports
- Assist the Payroll manager with marketing for the payroll department
- Adhoc payroll projects – statutory changes
- Responsible for own portfolio of client payrolls
- Operating weekly and monthly payrolls for approximately 60-70 clients
- Obtain the relevant information from the client, process the information and send the final payroll and pay slips etc to the client
- Notify the client of the PAYE and NIC liability
- Arrange the BACS payment of employees for some of the clients
- Undertake quality control reviews of the payrolls
- Dealing with client queries regarding payroll matters
The working week: 35 hours per week (Monday to Friday) to be worked from 9.30AM to 5.30PM. We do have a flexi time scheme in place which will allow some movement around these hours.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Discretionary Christmas shutdown not counted as part of holiday entitlement
- The ability to ‘purchase’ extra days leave in salary sacrifice
- Private medical insurance at discounted rates
- Private dental cover at discounted rates
- Subsidised corporate gym membership at Fitness First
- Life assurance (4x salary)
- Season ticket loan (for travel)
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity pay
- Pension Scheme arrangements
- To be able to demonstrate previous experience dealing with clients (written and verbal)
- Good organisational skills
- The ability to work on your own initiative
- Personal drive and energy
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision
- Grades BBB at A Level (with at least one subject being maths based)
- Good IT skills, specifically with Excel